Please join us for our next college conference and fair in 2021!
Key Information for Students/Parents, College Admissions Professionals, School and CBO Counselors and Diversity Directors
- When: Saturday October 19, 2019
- Host: Westtown School, 975 Westtown Road, West Chester, PA 19382
- Location: Twenty-five miles west of Philadelphia, fifteen miles north of Wilmington
- Invited: Students and parents from diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds as well as their allies from more than 100 independent schools, charter schools, and community based organizations.
- Directions: click here.
- Cost: No charge for high school students, parents, guardians, or high school/CBO personnel.
- Local Accommodations: click here.
|8:00 - 8:45 am||Registration opens and continues throughout the day|
|9:00am - 10:00am||Conference Workshops: Session #1|
|10:15am - 11:15pm||Conference Workshops: Session #2|
|11:30am - 1:10pm||Lunch|
|12:45 pm - 1:45pm||Conference Assembly: Keynote and Panel Discussion. Keynote Speaker: Dr. José Antonio Bowen, Past President of Goucher College |
|1:45 pm - 4:00pm||College Fair in the Westtown School Field House|
Conference Workshops will be led by admissions professionals, college counselors, young alumni enrolled in college, and students.
Topics will include:
- The anatomy of the application
- Checking the box(es)
- Selective colleges
- Paying for college
- Recruitment & playing sports in college
- Finding support on campus
- Staying healthy through the college process
- Women’s colleges
- Liberal arts in the 21st century?
- Universities in the South & Midwest
- Visual & performing arts colleges and programs
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities
Registration for Colleges 2019 Participating Colleges (pdf) Registration for Students
Join the conversation about the future of the college landscape and how best to serve our students in a world of dynamic changes.
体育彩票365how do we prepare diverse students to lead conversations on diversity, access, and inclusion? how are allies formed and systems of support put in place? how do colleges live out their mission on campus?
体育彩票365for more than 300 years, friends schools have been recognized for outstanding college preparatory academics and are known for embracing the diversity of cultures and religions in their communities.
The purpose of the conference and college fair, a tradition at Westtown since 2005, is to:
- Educate families about the aspects of the college planning and admission process that apply specifically to them.
- Expose families to a wider range of colleges and universities.
- Provide a networking and relationship-building opportunity for students and admissions professionals.
- Reduce the social isolation experienced by students of color at predominately white institutions.
- Provide parents with valuable financial aid and planning information.
Independent School Multicultural Conference and College Fair